EYESEEK GAME RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who register and attend the ASCRS Annual Meeting and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), Inc., its affiliates, vendors, exhibitors, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the ASCRS as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting 12:00 PM ET, April 5, 2024, ending 12:00 PM ET Monday, April 8, 2024. Participants may no longer score points after 12:00 PM ET Monday, April 8, 2024.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by registering and attending the ASCRS Annual Meeting and scanning designated QR codes to earn points. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ASCRS. Each valid Annual Meeting registrant may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of ASCRS.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will each receive an Airline Credit Gift Card in the amount of US$500. Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by ASCRS. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at ASCRS’ discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for ASCRS to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: At the end of the game, the ASCRS will randomly select three winners from among the entrants who have accumulated the largest number of points. Winners will be selected under the supervision of ASCRS. Each winner will be notified by email no later than April 17, 2024. ASCRS shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by the Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT ASCRS‘ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this Campaign, You understand and agree that ASCRS, anyone acting on behalf of ASCRS, and ASCRS’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: ASCRS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond ASCRS’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, ASCRS may select the Winner from all eligible entries received before and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by ASCRS. ASCRS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, ASCRS reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless ASCRS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, the participant agrees that any disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than the participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Meetings and Exhibits Department, ASCRS, 12587 Fair Lakes Circle, Suite 348, Fairfax, VA 22033. Requests must be received no later than 5:00 PM ET on April 17, 2024.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is ASCRS, 12587 Fair Lakes Circle, Suite 348, Fairfax, VA 22033.
- Consent: By participating in the game, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all Official Rules.