Explore the attendee resources below to make the most of your experience at the 2019 ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting.
What's New in 2019!
The 2019 ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting promises to be a rich and unique experience. Check out what’s new:
The ASCRS Program has increased its educational sessions to include an expanded ASCRS Essentials track, new ASCRS Roundtables-Meet the Experts sessions, ASCRS’ The Voice of Ophthalmology Season 2, special interest symposia (government relations, female leaders in ophthalmology, humanitarian efforts), more Skills Transfer Labs, ASCRS Young Eye Surgeons Wet Lab and much more. Plus, forty-percent of instructional courses will be new.
The ASOA Program has expanded its offerings to include ASOA Pre-Conference Deep Dives (Friday, May 3), nine knowledge pathways, more than 150 practice management courses, increased AAPC credit offerings, and targeted Administrator Beginners Circle (ABC) and Business of Ophthalmology Standards (BOOST) content.
Registration and Hotels▼
Registration and hotels for the 2019 ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting are open. ASCRS•ASOA has reserved rooms at several hotels conveniently located within walking distance to the San Diego Convention Center. Early registration is recommended to ensure availability at your preferred hotel.
Registrants for the ASCRS Program must be members of ASCRS. Become a member and register for the meeting today.
Book Your Travel ▼
The ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting draws thousands of attendees every year. We recommend booking your travel early in order to secure the best possible flights and fares.
Before confirming your travel plans, browse the programs to be sure your travel schedule will allow you to take full advantage of the entire meeting.
Key Dates and Pre-Registration Events ▼
ASCRS•ASOA offers tiered pricing, providing the best rates for early registrants. Visit the registration page for full information.
ASCRS registrants are encouraged to register for ASCRS Subspecialty Day, a multi-faceted educational event that provides in-depth glaucoma, refractive and cornea educational programming. The one-time registration fee allows registrants to flow freely across all three programs. Register for ASCRS Subspecialty Day today.
New for 2019, ASCRS is offering a YES Skills Transfer Lab, its largest wet lab to date, while maintaining an exceptional faculty-to-student ratio. Space is limited. Register today to secure your spot (separate fees apply).
The ASCRS eyePAC reception is an exclusive event for domestic eyePAC contributors. Advanced registration is required.
ASOA hosts three lunch and programs: Writer's Workshop and Luncheon, the Administrator Beginner's Circle (ABC) Lunch and Program, and the Certified Ophthalmic Executive (COE) Lunch and Program. Register early.
Plan Your Schedule ▼
As the largest U.S. meeting dedicated to meeting the needs of anterior segment surgeons and their practice management staff, the ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting has more than 1,300 learning opportunities for attendees. Visit the program pages to shape your educational priorities. The Online Real-Time Program and the Program Preview will be available in January. You can use these resources to refine your plans. The ASCRS ASOA Meetings App is an essential tool to help you plan, schedule and route your meeting experience. The app will also be your one-stop-shop for meeting handouts and reference materials.
When planning your schedule, get the most out of your registration! Consider the events and sessions throughout the entire meeting:
- ASCRS Subspecialty Day is held on Friday, May 3. Discounted rates are available when adding ASCRS Subspecialty Day to your registration.
- ASOA offers multiple pre-conference deep dives on Friday, May 3. Space is limited, so early registration is encouraged.
- Don’t miss the ASCRS•ASOA Welcome Party to be held on the exhibit floor. Explore new products and technologies, mingle with colleagues as you enjoy complimentary food and drink.
- Extend your stay through the entire conference to attend the Best of ASCRS 2019 General Session, an exceptional compilation of the most popular pearls shared throughout the meeting.
Follow ASCRS•ASOA Updates ▼
Use the hashtag #ASCRSASOA2019 when searching for or discussing the Annual Meeting on social media. You may wish to share your attendance or experience with your network, and ASCRS•ASOA encourages you to do so!
At the Meeting
Dress for Success ▼
As ophthalmic professionals, most attendees dress in business or business casual attire. Comfortable shoes are recommended, as there is considerable walking between sessions and throughout the exhibit hall. Meeting rooms can be chilly, so pack a light jacket or sweater.
App Up ▼
Stay up-to-date with the ASCRS ASOA Meetings App, which includes programming, event information, scheduling features and more. The app also features exhibitor listings and an interactive map to help guide you throughout the San Diego Convention Center. Download the app to familiarize yourself with all of the offerings associated with this expansive meeting.
Shuttling Around ▼
For your convenience, ASCRS•ASOA provides shuttle service for attendees who are staying at an ASCRS•ASOA official hotel not within walking distance to the San Diego Convention Center. View the shuttle schedule.* *Shuttle schedule is subject to change.Check the hotel lobby and the ASCRS ASOA Meetings app for pick up and drop off schedules.
What's for Lunch ▼
There are several options for lunch during the meeting. You can take part in the ASCRS•ASOA Bistro, located in the Exhibit Hall. ASOA Program attendees also have the option to register for one of the optional ASOA Lunch and Programs:
- Writer’s Workshop and Luncheon “AE Editorial Advisory Board Bootcamp”
- Administrator Beginner’s Circle (ABC)* Lunch and Program
- Certified Ophthalmic Executive (COE) Lunch and Program
Please keep in mind that these lunches are intended for specific audiences and require separate registration and fees.
YES attendees have the opportunity to attend a special lunchtime program.
- On Friday, May 3, YES members are invited to an exclusive lunch with exhibitors from 12:00-1:00 p.m. Attendees can network, learn about new products and gain insights on the latest technologies in ophthalmology.
Visit the Poster Pavilion ▼
The poster pavilion is open Friday, May 3 – Monday, May 6 from 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., and Tuesday, May 7 from 7:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Explore electronic Posters, ASCRS Films, and Ophthalmology Hall of Fame through out the meeting. .
Visit the Exhibit Hall ▼
The ASCRS•ASOA world-class exhibit hall features more than 300 exhibitors showcasing the latest tools, techniques and technologies. The exhibit hall will be located in Halls A-D of the San Diego Convention Center. Open for a total of 25 hours during the Annual Meeting, don’t miss the opportunity to connect with our exhibitors! Prior to your arrival in San Diego, you can search and save the exhibitor list by company name or specific product listing. Use the Exhibitor Product Search or view the exhibit hall floor plan to locate exhibit booths.
New in 2019, ASCRS•ASOA will host daily drawings for a variety of exciting prizes. By networking with exhibitors, attendees can receive a specially-numbered ticket either from a participating exhibitor booth or from other sources that will be designated by ASCRS•ASOA. The ticket must be dropped into the raffle drum located by the item(s) of choice. Tickets dropped in each drum will be entered in the drawings to win. Drawings will take place in the exhibit hall and will be announced over the ASCRS ASOA Meetings App. Drawings will take place Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon and Monday morning. A Grand Prize drawing will be held on Monday afternoon. Prizes will be announced in the coming months.
Attend an Industry Spotlight Theater Session ▼
For the third year in a row, ASCRS•ASOA will offer a series of product-focused corporate educational sessions (non-CME), in our Industry Spotlight Theater located in booth 1345 in the exhibit hall. These sessions will provide you with overviews and comparisons across several different ophthalmic categories. Industry panel discussions will follow each session.
Get Social ▼
One the most popular benefits of the ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting is the opportunity to network with colleagues and mentors. A number of networking and social events are scheduled throughout the meeting:
- This year’s eyePAC Reception will be held at Sydney’s Grill at the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, May 3. Current eyePAC contributors will enjoy exclusive access to the zoo after hours. (Attendance limited to U.S. Domestic ASCRS members.)
- Saturday, May 4 will feature a YES Networking Luncheon with the Experts. YES members will be able to network and learn from some of the leading ophthalmic experts.
- Don’t miss the ASCRS•ASOA Welcome Party to be held on the exhibit floor Saturday, May 4, 5:00-6:30 p.m. in the exhibit hall. Visit with exhibitors, network with colleagues and enjoy complimentary light refreshments and beverages.
- Join the ASCRS Foundation on Sunday, May 5 at 6:30 a.m. for the 7th Annual ASCRS Foundation Run for Sight, supported by the ASCRS Foundation and Johnson & Johnson Vision. Featuring a 5K run and a 1-mile walk, this event will bring together ASCRS delegates, their families and citizens of San Diego, California to raise money for the ASCRS Foundation.
- The ASOA Celebration will be held on Sunday, May 5, 8:00 p.m. --12:00 a.m. at the Parq Nightclub. Enjoy a night of music, dancing, refreshments and fun with your colleagues. Badges are required for admission.
- The 37th annual ASCRS Film Festival Reception and Awards Ceremony will be held on Monday, May 6 at 4:45 p.m. Meet up with colleagues to discuss the latest film entries before the ASCRS Film Festival Awards Ceremony. Admission is free for all attendees. Light refreshments will be provided.
- To extend the experience digitally, use #ASCRSASOA on Twitter and Facebook when searching for or messaging about the Annual Meeting on social media. Follow ASCRS (Facebook; Twitter) and ASOA (Facebook; Twitter) on social media to stay updated on new information.
Explore San Diego ▼
With its temperate climate and rich culture, San Diego is a popular tourist destination, providing a variety of excursions, wildlife, shopping and events. Visit the San Diego Tourist Center to help you plan pre- and post-meeting leisure time.
After the Meeting
Presentations on Demand ▼
Physician registrants of the ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting will receive on demand access to recorded programming including all general sessions, symposia and courses, and ASCRS Subspecialty Day registrants will receive on demand access to all three subspecialty day programs. Online access will be available within 48 hours, ensuring full access to this exceptional meeting. No additional fee required.
Claim Credit ▼
Claim your Continuing Education Credits, print and or email certificates at any of the Credit Claim stations located in the San Diego Convention Center. View the Claim Credit page on the Annual Meeting website for full information.
Book Your Hotel for the 2020 ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting ▼
Hotels for the 2020 ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting will be open starting Friday, May 3 at the 2019 Annual Meeting. Book your hotel early and join us in Boston, Massachusetts in 2020!