Attendees registering for the annual meeting by the Tier I deadline – 5 p.m. EST, Thursday, February 16, will be entered into a drawing for a special V.I.P. Experience. The experience will include:
- Round trip black car transportation between the airport and your hotel.
- A VIP welcome package in your hotel room when you arrive in Los Angeles.
- An upgraded hotel room for the duration of your stay for up to five nights. (Based upon the availability of upgrades and at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, the Sponsor may opt to cover the cost of the winner's existing room (up to $200 per night) as a substitute for an upgrade.)
- VIP treatment at the Red Carpet Extravaganza – a Saturday evening reception for attendees
Rules and Terms for ASCRS VIP Experience Drawing
The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (hereinafter “ASCRS”) will be referred to herein as the “Sponsor”. Those qualified individuals who voluntarily participate in the Sponsor’s drawing agree to the contest rules and terms stated herein. The winning registrant for the prize will be drawn no later than February 28, and the winner will be notified via email.
Eligibility for the drawing is limited to those over the age of 18 who are registered Conference attendees (excludes individuals registered only for pre-meeting subspecialty days or only the T&N Program), and whose registration date was on or before February 16, 2017. Sponsor employees, vendors, exhibitors and members of the Press are ineligible to participate.
The VIP Experience prize winner must agree to participate in ASCRS marketing photos/videos, social media or printed promotions related to the contest and to give ASCRS an unlimited, royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide license to use the winner’s likeness in all such promotions, regardless or medium or format.
Neither the Sponsor nor anyone involved in administering or providing prizes for the drawing will have liability for (A) technical malfunctions, including those arising from electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, (B) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any acceptance, possession or use of the prize.
By participating in the drawing, the winner agrees that under no circumstances will Sponsor, its affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, or licensees (“Released Parties”) be liable for any form of damages arising out of their participation in the Contest, and winner and their family and heirs further waive any rights to bring any claim against the Released Parties in any forum related to their participation in the Contest.
If for any reason this Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, government regulations, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. This contest is also void where prohibited by law, including in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these Contest rules.
Meeting Locations & Dates
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- ASCRS Annual Meeting on Cataract and Refractive Surgery: April 13–17, 2018
- ASOA Annual Meeting on Ophthalmic Practice Management: April 13–17, 2018
- Technicians & Nurses Program: April 14–17, 2018
2017 Annual Meeting Highlights
More than 6,000 attendees arrived in Los Angeles May 5–9 for the 2017 ASCRS•ASOA Annual Meeting. Check out this video to view highlights from the conference.